MOUNT DRUITT HISTORY OF SUBURBS
Originally the Lethbridge family estate known as “Flushcombe” extended from the centre of what we now know as Blacktown south to the Great Western Highway. Harriet Lethbridge married Captain Phillip Parker King who was granted 1500 acres west of Ropes Creek. The Lethbridge-King bond was made even more secure when Robert Copeland Lethbridge married King’s sister, Mary, hence the double family names of King-Lethbridge and Lethbridge-King. John King-Lethbridge later purchased some of James Whalan’s grant and erected the homestead “Tregear”.